Learn English the easy, interesting “NATURAL APPROACH” way with Jack who has 15 YEARS OF INTERNATIONAL TEACHING at universities and companies in China and Chile.
Hi, this is Jack in Auckland, New Zealand. I help you learn English as you learned your native language without being “taught”. You learn RELEVANT SUBJECTS in English that will advance your studies and career while enhancing your personal development and relationships. You learn English as a TOOL for COMMUNICATING.
I teach English using the “NATURAL APPROACH” as developed by the renowned American linguist, STEPHEN KRASHEN (https://youtu.be/eTVbdstastI). No one at first directly "taught" you your native language--you ACQUIRED IT NATURALLY by learning to USE it to GET THINGS DONE. There is strong evidence that the best way to learn a second language (English) for COMMUNICATING IN THE REAL WORLD (and not merely to pass tests) is through learning subjects that are relevant and important to you in ways that are fun and stimulating.
I am a WORLD CITIZEN with 3 citizenships and 15 YEARS OF INTERNATIONAL TEACHING at universities (MBAs) and companies in China and Chile including professional editing of business and university writing. I have taught English to ages 5 to 65. As a COUNSELOR I have 10 years experience in the Human Services in Australia. I was an ENTREPRENEUR, architect and builder for 15 years in Canada and Australia. Now in New Zealand I teach Academic and Career Preparation to international students from around the world.
My teaching is based on in depth, international scientific research and consideration for individual and cultural learning differences. My expertise is in intrapersonal knowledge and interpersonal communication skills with a background as a counselor and educator for organizations such as Relationships Australia (https://www.relationships.org.au/). I am a couples and singles relationship counselor starting up and managing an introductory agency in Brisbane, Australia in 1997, Partners for Life where I appeared on TV (http://bit.ly/2eUXrNR). My strength is to create a learning environment in which participants feel both challenged and supported.
I provide HUGE RANGE of FREE DIGITAL MATERIALS: my 37 business courses, dictionaries, pictionaries, academic and popular books in business, psychology, philosophy, politics, economics, et al. as well as audios and videos on these disciplines of study.
Here are some of the skills and knowledge I offer and can help you acquire as you naturally learn English:
• Business Soft Skills: interviews, resume writing, negotiation, project management, et al.—37 courses for you
• IELTS and TOEFL examinations: Preparation for highest scores
• English for Specific Purposes: medicine, law, finance, et al.
• Professional Editing: Business & Academia (undergrad papers, postgrad theses)
• Career Start or Advancement: coaching for resumes, job interviews, personal statements, etc.
• Cross-Culture Studies: Differences in communication, management styles
• Arts and Humanities: Literature, art, architecture, philosophy, et al.
• Soft Sciences: Psychology, sociology, history, economics, et al.
• Human Services: 25 years including Palliative Care, Aged Care, Health Care, Relationships Education, Parent Effectiveness Training, Montessori education
• Personal Development: Life and Executive Coaching
Come experience learning English “naturally” with me as an exciting adventure of self-exploration and self-knowledge that will help you become an International World Citizen at home in all cultures.
Before you learned how to drive a car, did you learn how to take it apart and put it back together? Probably not. Most who drive cars are not also mechanics. We learned to drive a car because we simply...