I'm an American English teacher, and I live in the beautiful state of Minnesota. I've been teaching English for 4 years now. I have lived and traveled to many different states and countries. I love meeting people from around the world, and helping them improve their lives by improving their English skills.
If you need help preparing for your next job interview, college and job applications, daily conversation, IELTS exam prep, or you need help proofreading, I am your teacher. I have helped many students land the job they are pursuing, make the score they have been hoping for, prepare to begin at university, and become confident in communicating with native English speakers. Make a reservation with me today, and let's get started!
I am a dual-master's graduate, and business professional. I have two master's degrees, teaching certifications, and I am very personable and culturally sensitive. I teach students from around the world, from diverse cultures and each with unique language goals. I truly care about my students and I take great pride in helping them reach their English language goals.
I love teaching English, meeting people from different countries, and learning about different cultures, so Verbling is the perfect place for me to combine these interests.
My Teaching Style:
My teaching style is both professional and relaxed. I like to make sure my students feel comfortable. Feel free to have a glass of tea or juice during our lesson. You don’t have to worry about making mistakes. This is important because in my lessons I want them to talk! I love listening to my students' stories and helping them sound more natural! Respect is also important in my classes. It is crucial to create a positive learning atmosphere.
In our lessons, I will help you with pronunciation, grammar, vocabulary acquisition, and of course, sounding more like a native speaker! We can have very structured lessons, or if you prefer, we can have more relaxed lessons. The flow of my lessons go according to your needs and preference. I know that learning a new language can be challenging, so I make our lessons enjoyable and of course, extremely relevant to each student's unique needs.
If my students have any questions or ideas for how they would like to be taught, they can bring them to me and I am glad to accommodate. Again, these lessons are about your needs and preference.
I love teaching English, and I greatly enjoy helping my students succeed in meeting their English language goals, and I look forward to teaching you and helping you reach yours. Have a great day and see you soon!
Focus on International relations, conflict prevention, and cultural understanding
2017 - 2018
Malmo International School - Malmo, Sweden
• Taught students from beginner to advanced levels o Developed lesson plans for majority of students o Assisted the students in pronunciation, grammar and vocabulary acquisition and understanding
2015 - 2015
Research & Database Management Intern (Internship)
Institute for Multi-Track Diplomacy - Virginia, USA
• Co-developed assessment tools and collaborated with consultancy company • Completed 40-hour facilitated dialogue training & helped recruit candidates for the training • Managed Pipedrive, an essential pipeline client database
2012 - 2014
Administrative Assistant and Client Interviewer
Antelope Valley Committee on Aging - California, USA
• Interviewed senior citizens as part of needs evaluation • Made follow-up calls to clients, conducted database entry and organized documents
2014 - 2014
Oklahoma State University - Oklahoma, USA
• Tutored 12 college freshmen in sociology and psychology courses • Helped students improve their analytical and critical thinking skills
2012 - 2012
English & Reading Tutor (Volunteer)
Salvation Army - Texas, USA
• Tutored native and non-native English speaking children in after-school program • Assisted the children with English and reading comprehension homework
2017 - 0
Golden Voice English - Online
• Provide exceptional online English lessons to Chinese youth • Deliver engaging and innovative e-Learning intensive speaking course lessons
2016 - 0
Cambly, Inc. - Online
• Provide unique tutoring to international adults • Assist students in learning and improving their English speaking, listening, and reading skills o Guide the students through reading exercises and have subject-focused conversation o Assist students in pronunciation, grammar and vocabulary understanding o Teach business English